Today, we’re excited to announce Alexa’s continued participation in AWS re:Invent 2018, the largest gathering of the global Amazon developer community. AWS re:Invent provides an opportunity to connect with peers and technology experts, engage in hands-on labs and bootcamps, and learn about new technologies. AWS re:Invent runs November 26-30, 2018 in Las Vegas, NV. Locations included are the Aria, MGM Grand, and the Venetian.
More Than 40 Alexa Sessions and Workshops
This year, we will have over 40 Alexa technical sessions, including hands-on workshops, interactive chalk talks, and technical breakouts to help attendees learn to design voice experiences and dive deep into the technology behind the Alexa Skills Kit, Alexa Voice Service, and Alexa Smart Home. Alexa topics include designing great multimodal experiences, integrating in-skill purchasing (ISP) in Alexa skills, creating engaging conversational voice experiences, building Alexa-enabled devices for the connected world, and more.
Alexa sessions will also have a special focus on using AWS Services to enable voice experiences. We’ll cover Alexa for Business, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, CloudFormation, Cognito, Elastic Beanstalk, and more. You’ll hear from senior evangelists, product leaders, and engineers, and learn best practices from Alexa developers.
What You Will Learn
- Make money with Alexa skills: You’ll learn how to manage in-skill products and best practices for building premium experiences. We’ll also cover the skill lifecycle and ISPs and provide an in-depth look at how you can use Alexa APIs for building premium content.
- Build engaging voice experiences: We’ll show you how you can optimize your language model to make your Alexa skills more engaging and delightful for your customers.
- Design great multimodal experiences: We’ll dive into voice-first UX for Alexa, with specific focus on best practices for designing voice experiences for devices with screens.
- Build devices for the connected world: We’ll share how you can bring voice experiences and devices to the home, the car, and other hardware tailored to fit people’s lives.
- Take your skills to the next level: Learn about tips and tools to take your Alexa skills to the next level, including debugging and testing.
In addition to accessing new content and training, re:Invent is a great place to meet and interact with Alexa evangelists, the Alexa product team, and the Alexa developer community. We can’t wait to see you there in November!
Source: Alexa Developer Blog