Developers targeting devices with locking behavior can now enable customers to issue a voice command such as "Alexa, lock the front door" (in German: "Alexa, schließe die Eingangstür ab."), or "Alexa, is the front door locked?" (in German: "Alexa, ist die Eingangstür abgeschlossen?").
The feature is currently supported with the Innogy hub in Germany with locks from Yale.
The Smart Home Skill API simplifies development efforts as everything is managed through the Alexa.ConnectedHome.Query namespace.
To get started, see the documentation on lock control and query.
To learn more about developing a smart home skill check out these resources:
- Understanding the Smart Home Skill API
- Five Steps Before Developing a Smart Home Skill
- Coding Smart Home Skill Directives Using Node.js
- Managing Device Discovery for Your Alexa Smart Home Skill
- Controlling the On/Off State of a Smart Home Device
- Scenes for Smart Home Skills
Build a Skill, Earn Perks
Source: Alexa Developer Blog